31 July – 2 August 2020 : Holotropic Weekend – Adventures in expanded states of consciousness
Join Caledonian Holotropic surfing the inner landscape in expanded states of consciousness. The vehicle is your body – the technology is Holotropic Breathwork™ – the fuel is your breath.
What is Holotropic Breathwork?
Essentially Holotropic Breathwork enables us to learn, to heal and to create.
It has 3 components:
• Focussed Energy Release Bodywork
Holotropic Breathwork has supported many people in many different ways on their journey. It can be:
• a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
• an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
• a self-empowering way (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
• a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
• used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
• a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
• an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
• supportive in the healing of previous emotional or physical trauma; in reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress; in emotional expression & release and for creative inspiration.
Many people report that Holotropic breathwork has been instrumental in helping them to connect with who and what they truly are and with what their lives are about.
A Holotropic session includes the following:
• An important preparation session and a breather /sitter partnering process Friday evening
•Breathwork session in the morning and one in the afternoon Saturday. Each participant will breathe once and sit once
• The breather lies on a mat – it is their territory for the experience – and breathes in a particular way, supported by an intentional music set, to access expanded states of consciousness
• A sitter keeps the breather safe
• A facilitator provides focussed energy release bodywork if requested/needed
• The session lasts for around 3 hours
• Integration starts with mandala drawing and a sharing Sunday and completes after lunch at 1pm
Safety is priority in Holotropic Breathwork and as part of that participants need to complete a medical form as part of the registration. There also needs to be a commitment to fully attend the whole event.
Your facilitators are:
Mark Baugh +44 (0) 7828 752649 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Curtis +35 387 232 5383 – email@example.com
Please feel free to call either of us to clarify any queries you may have.
Event exchange & bookings:
The exchange is £320 and includes accommodation and meals. Rooms are light, airy and spacious on a shared twin room basis. There are limited single occupancy options on rooms at £70.
Early bird discount before 23 May = £30
Bring a friend = £20 each
Bring own sheets and towels = £10
Local folk attending as non-resident (you need to be present for all meals and activities) = £70
If finance is a barrier to attending the event please do get in touch – we may be able to offer a payment plan and/or there may be a bursary available.
We look forward to “surfing expanded states” with you.
Mark & Kate