5 – 6 October: Dry Stone Walling Weekend – learning rural skills
Partnering with the Dry Stone Walling Association, we are delighted to offer this workshop at Cherry Tree Lodge.
What you will learn:
You will learn to dismantle and rebuild a section of old or damaged wall and gain understanding of the techniques of:
– laying out stones correctly when dismantling
– laying good foundations
– basic wall building skills: selecting stone; placing through-stones; correct packing; use of coverband; laying the coping stones
What you need to bring with you:
– Warm, old clothing with a set of waterproofs just in case
– Stout shoes or boots preferably with steel toecaps. If you are wearing wellies then they must have toe protection
– Robust gloves – light garden gloves tend to wear out very quickly
– Eye Protection – there will be safety goggles available but most people prefer to bring their own
– Folding chair for breaks
What is included:
– All other equipment and tools necessary for the course will be provided.
– expert tuition
– a delicious lunch and refreshments throughout. Each day starts at 9am and completes at 4pm.
A wee treat
You could make a weekend of it as there is also the option to stay overnight due to the venue also being a guest house/retreat space.
The cost of the two day course is £90.
You can booking using this link:
If you have any questions you can call Mark at Cherry Tree Lodge on 01383 851059 or 07940 421038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.