9 November 8am – 8pm 2020 : Holotropic Day – Adventures in expanded states of consciousness
Join Caledonian Holotropic surfing the inner landscape in expanded states of consciousness. The vehicle is your body – the technology is Holotropic Breathwork™ – the fuel is your breath.
What is Holotropic Breathwork?
Essentially Holotropic Breathwork enables us to learn, to heal and to create.
It has 3 components:
• Focussed Energy Release Bodywork
Holotropic Breathwork has supported many people in many different ways on their journey. It can be:
• a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
• an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
• a self-empowering way (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
• a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
• used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
• a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
• an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
• supportive in the healing of previous emotional or physical trauma; in reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress; in emotional expression & release and for creative inspiration.
Many people report that Holotropic breathwork has been instrumental in helping them to connect with who and what they truly are and with what their lives are about.
This event is in two parts:
First, a live, on-line, 2 hour introduction to breathwork – the evening before, Sunday, at 7pm.
This is an important preparation session to build the container and the safety for individuals and the group. It will allow you to go deeper into your experience.
We will be talking about:
- the format and what a session looks like
- what can come up in a session and why
- how you can get the most from your session
- the different roles of breather, sitter and facilitator
- safety, safety, safety
Hopefully you will understand that you will not be able to breathe on the Monday if you do not attend this introductory session. There will be no time to go over it on Monday with you.
Second, the breathwork day – 8am arrival at the venue
- Breathwork -one session in the morning and one in the afternoon – each participant will breathe once and sit once – a session is about 3 hours.
- Integration – starts with mandala drawing after each breathwork session and continues with a sharing after the second session and a light supper in the evening. We complete at about 8pm.
Safety is priority in Holotropic Breathwork and as part of that participants need to complete a medical form as part of the registration. There also needs to be a commitment to fully attend the whole event. You can register for the event here:
Your facilitators are:
Mark Baugh +44 (0) 7828 752649 – email@example.com
Kate Curtis +35 387 232 5383 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact either of us to clarify any queries you may have.
Cherry Tree Lodge is a secluded retreat centre just 20 mins from Dunfermline and is in a stunning setting, surrounded with natural beauty.
They offer accommodation with a minimum 2 night stay at a preferential rate. Rooms are light, airy and spacious on a shared twin room basis. There are limited single occupancy options. You can book direct online.
Event exchange & bookings:
The exchange is £210 and includes a light supper – you bring your lunch and there will be light refreshments through the day.
Early bird discount before 4 January = £25
Bring a friend = £10 each
If finance is a barrier to attending the event please do get in touch – we may be able to offer a payment plan and/or there may be a bursary available.
You can register for the event using the link below:
We look forward to “surfing expanded states” with you.
Mark & Kate